The uncertainty in the semiconductor roadmap has never been as severe as today. While in the last couple decades we could just wait for the next processing node to increase chip density and reduce processing power we are getting stuck now. Even though it is technically possible to build chips with smaller feature sizes than 20nm, it is most of the time not economically feasible (think aerospace industry Concorde versus 747/A380).
We can help you work through your roadmap issues and find answers for your company and project to the following questions:
- When will 20nm and sub 20nm become widely available?
- How do the announced sub 20nm technologies compare to 20nm?
- What are FinFETs and why would anybody want to design with them?
- What are the alternatives to the existing semiconductor roadmap?
- How does DDC fit into the semiconductor roadmap?
- Why 28nm and 65/55nm will be the mainstream nodes for the next decade?
If you like to get an informed outside perspective please contact RoRo to discuss a consulting engagement.